Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: OPENSTAX Chapter 32
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Consider a few terrorist activities since the 1980s until today. Here is a starting point:
- 1983: United States Embassy in Beirut and Kuwait is bombed
- 1988: Osama bin Laden re-organizes Al Qaeda in Pakistan to carry out attacks
- 1993: World Trade Center Bombing (first time)
- 1995: Oklahoma City Bombing
- 1998: United Stated Embassy bombings Nairobi and Sar Es Salaam
- 2001: 9/11 Bombing of the World Trade Centers
- 2001: Bio Terrorism begins (anthrax letters and Bill Gates’s warnings on bio terrorism)
- 2013: Boston Marathon Bombings
- 2018: Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
Then, address three (3)of the following and craft a response, as a whole, for your selections:
- Explain if you think that global terrorism can be stopped.
- Analyze the responsibility of the United States today to be the world’s “policeman.”
- Assess if peace and stability in the Middle East are vital to U.S. economy and national security.
- If the United States withdrew its troops from the Middle East tomorrow, would the terrorist threat end. Why or why not?
- Assess if the use of military force is the only way to prevent terrorism. Are there other possible alternatives? Which strategy is best and why?
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage):
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.