1.A. Examine the role of management as it relates to finance in a corporation. In your post, discuss the role of management by addressing the following prompts:
- Explain the various aspects of finance that management must understand.
- Describe why a manager needs to understand the characteristics and importance of financial markets including their liquidity, competitiveness, and efficiency.
- Interpret the function of the Financial Balance Sheet in assisting in management’s decision making process.
- Discuss what could happen if management does not fulfill responsibilities related to finance. Share a real world example from your own professional experience or from an external source.
Your post should be (250 words) in length.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ postings. Respond to at least two classmates’ by commenting on their example of management not fulfilling its responsibilities. Pose a question to spark discussion regarding what could have been handled differently.
1B. After reading the first two chapters of your textbook, evaluate the following statement:
Managers should not focus on the current stock value because doing so will lead to overemphasis on short-term profits at the expense of long-term profits.
In your post, explain what is meant by this statement. Describe how management might decide whether to focus on short term or long term goals and how that decision impacts the organization. Next, using the financial balance sheet as displayed in the text, compute an example of how focusing on short term profits can be detrimental to long term profits. Share your opinion regarding whether you feel it’s a better option to focus on short term or long term goals. Use evidence from the text or external sources to support your position. Your post should be 200-250 words in length.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ postings. Respond to at least two classmates by sharing whether you agree or disagree with their view of managerial profit focus and provide advice on how to overcome the challenges they have identified.
2. Financial Management challenges. The following video discusses the four types of markets: perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly. Given the market structures as described in the video, identify at least two articles from the ProQuest database that highlight and discuss two of the biggest challenges facing financial managers today in these varied market structures. In a three- to five-page paper (excluding title and reference pages), summarize your findings from the articles. Include how market liquidity, competitiveness, and efficiency impact financial managers. The paper should be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Be sure to properly cite your two required articles resources using APA style.
Do you need a similar assignment
done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you.
We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism.
Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Managerial Finance appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.