List and describe briefly five reasons why, in your view, the U.S. health care system is good.Grandpa has heard about this new-fangled expression, managed care. Explain managed care to him in terms that he can understand.
Health Delivery Services Questions
Imagine you are sharing Sunday dinner with your extended family. Over dinner, the discussion turns to health care….
Managed Care and Integrated Organizations
1. Grandpa has heard about this new-fangled expression, managed
care. Explain managed care to him in terms that he can understand.
2. Grandpa also wants to know if the military is a managed care system. Give him two reasons why it could be, and two reasons it may not be.
3. Grandma, overhearing the conversation, says that managed care is too complicated for her. She simply wants to know two key differences between her traditional health insurance and managed care.
4. Grandma is intrigued. Now, she wants to know why she should opt for managed care over her current insurance. Give her two reasons why this may be so.
5. During your conversation, the concepts of utilization monitoring and control come up. Explain two methods used to monitor and control the utilization of services under managed care.
6. Aunt Jeanne has been listening quietly and recognizes you’re
an expert in health care administration. She wants to know the
difference between Medicare and Medicaid. Define each.
7. Aunt Jeanne wants to know how many of her older seemingly (financially) comfortable friends ended up using Medicaid for nursing home care. Give her two potential explanations of circumstances under which they may have decided to use Medicaid.
8. Aunt Jeanne then says, “There’s no way in heck I’m going to a nursing home!” Rather, she’d prefer some alternatives to staying in a nursing home. List two alternatives for her (from the text) and describe briefly.
Health Services for Special Populations
9. Aunt Jeanne says that she’s a long way from needing long-term
care. She’s more interested in the new Women’s Center at Central
Hospital, but can’t understand why they need a special clinic just
for women. She thinks it has something to do with interior
decorating. Identify four health concerns women face, which could
be why the hospital has an interest in providing specialized
services for women.
10. Uncle Rodger pipes up, “We live out there in the boonies. We have our own health challenges, and they’re different for us than for the city slickers.” Identify two challenges of rural health that he may be referencing.
11. Uncle Rodger doesn’t think they need a Women’s Center; rather, they need to deal with real health problems. He’s inferring that the challenges of rural health constitute more immediate problems associated with health care. You know that there are many differences between the two populations. Provide two examples of measures that have been taken to improve access to care in rural areas.
Cost, Access, and Quality
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.