Address these points:
1. Explain how social influences have an impact on many artists and their works.
Use examples from movements and examples explored in the chapters up to this point —
Student Text to Chapter 8
2. Explain how current events have been influencing art in such areas as movies and music.
Use examples to illustrate your views.
Hunter, S., Jacobus, J., & Wheeler, D. (2005). Modern art (3rd ed.). New York, NY:
Pearson/ Prentice Hall.
Should be ¾ to 1 page or 2 to 3 developed paragraphs.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss the value of visual art for an individual and society.
- Analyze the essential relationship between any work of art and the various kinds of influences on the artist and audience that shape the interpretation of the art.
- Classify key artists and styles in the visual arts from the Impressionist period to the present.
- Describe the relationship between individual artistic expression and the cultural, social, political, and historical forces which give rise to these expressions.
- Write clearly and concisely about modern art using proper writing mechanics.