Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Ethical Issues in Information Systems
Due Week 6 and worth 150 points
Choose one (1) ethics issue found within Chapter 4 of the textbook.
You may also use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on ethical issues in information systems and choose one (1) ethics issue of interest to you.
Write a two to three (2-3) page research paper in which you:
- Summarize the issue that you have chosen.
- Express your own opinion of, or position on, the issue that you have chosen.
- Identify two to three (2-3) human and technological protective measures that you would use as security safeguards and enforcement actions in order to address the ethics issue that you have chosen.
- Identify at least three (3) problems related to management information systems that may arise from the issue that you have chosen. Next, propose at least one (1) solution to address each problem in question. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe how and why information systems are used today.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that information systems raise in society, and the impact of information systems on crime, terrorism, or war.
- Explain how to secure information systems resources that focus on both human and technological safeguards.
- Identify how to mitigate risks as well as plan for and recover from disasters.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about management information systems using proper writing mechanics.