The police in America are the only governmentally sponsored entity with the authority and power to take the life of a citizen. Due to this tremendous power, scholars and community activists have, over the years, expounded on the need for tight regulation and control over police and their use of force against citizens. For this assignment, you will examine and analyze the various ways police use of force has been litigated and controlled. You will select one court case from the list below and examine the ways the court attempted to place constraints on the police use of physical force when confronting citizens. First, select one of the following cases:
- Tennessee v. Garner(1985)
- Graham v. Connor(1989)
- Johnson v. Glick(1973)
In your paper
- Provide details of the case selected.
- Describe the events and the players’ various roles.
- Describe the outcome.
- Provide an analysis of the long-term result or consequences of the outcome for police.
- Explain any operational policies or procedures that changed as a result of the case.
- Explain what the outcome means for ordinary citizens should they encounter officers during their daily routine.
This assignment needs to be APA Style,500 words and 3 to 6 references.
Do you need a similar assignment
done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you.
We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism.
Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Police Use of Force appeared first on Top Premier Essays.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.