Your book discusses secularism and spirituality as worldviews and then discussed six religions as worldviews in further detail. To start this discussion, I want you to view the links in this Ch. 5 module (History of Religions and The Big Religion Comparison). Answer the following:
- 1. After reviewing the textbook's definitions of worldview and religion, how would you personally define the two?
- 2. Did anything surprise you when you viewed the History of Religions video? Did it change your perspective on the birth and development of the religions?
- 3. Obviously, our book could not begin to cover all of the world religions. However, when you looked at the Big Religion Comparison website, what did you think? Did it surprise you that there were as many religions listed? Did you think anything listed should have been left off? Discuss at least two elements that you learned from the website.
- 4. If you were going to decide what qualified as a religion, what requirements would you establish?
- 5. Last, I want you to think about the common elements amongst all of the religions. What, if any, common set of ethics can you identify from the six religious traditions discussed in the chapter?