Each group has been assigned either a vendor who produces several database platforms or a class of database platforms. For this assignment, you are going to do a detailed technical and business evaluation of the assigned vendor and/or database class.
Top for Group 8 – Oracle Databases (Oracle & Sun-Owned)
Each group must answer the following questions in the form of an executive business presentation. Pretend you are trying to sell the CEO of a company on why they should move their database to the assigned platform. Using these questions below as your guide, create a presentation that provides clear, concise facts.
Use the presentation – How to presentation: How to Create a Killer Business Use Case as the basis of your presentation creation.
· What are the key database products made by the vendor OR the key database platforms available under the database category (do not just use the ones listed – there are MANY MORE)?
· If a vendor, who are the competitors to the platform? If a database technology class, who is the clear leader and why?
· What industries are these database vendors tools or database technology platforms used in? Is the market increasing or decreasing for technology?
· What are the key features for each of these database platforms? What are differentiators compared to other database platforms in its like-kind class?
· Are these databases used on-premise only? Cloud-based only? Mainframe only? Explain the infrastructure use case for each of these databases that you are discussing.
· Provide three (3) business uses for why a customer/client would want to use your vendors/class of database technology in their environment.
· What are key technical skills a data administrator or database administrator would require if they use this platform?
· Where do you believe this technology will be in 3-5 years?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
• Be approximately 4 pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
• Follow APA guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
• The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
• Be clear with well-written, concise, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.