Financial Statement Analysis Project -- A Comparative Analysis of Oracle Corporation and Microsoft Corporation
Here is the link for the financial statements for Oracle Corporation for the fiscal year ending 2011. First, select 2011using the drop-down arrow labeled for Year on the right-hand side of the page, and then select Annual Reports using the drop-down arrow labeled Filing Type on the left-hand side of the page.
You should select the 10k dated 6/28/2011and choose to download in PDF, Word, or Excel format.
Here is the link for the financial statements for Microsoft Corporation for the fiscal year ending 2011. You should select the 10k dated 7/28/2011 and choose to download in Word or Excel format.
Using the financial statements for Oracle Corporation and Microsoft Corporation, respectively, you will calculate and compare the financial ratios listed further down this documentfor the fiscal year ending 2011 and prepare your comments about the liquidity, solvency and profitability of the two companies based on your ratio calculations.
For the Final Submission:
Your final Excel workbook submission should contain the following. You cannot use any other software but Excel to complete this Project.
1) A completed worksheet profiles tab which contains a one paragraph description regarding each company with information about their history, what products they sell, where they are located, etc.
2) All 18 ratios for each company with the supporting calculations and commentary on your worksheet ratio tab. Supporting calculations must be shown either as a formula or as text typed into a different cell.The ratios are listed further down this document. Your comments for each ratio should include more than just a definition of the ratio. You should focus on interpreting each ratio number for each company and support your comments with the numbers found in the ratios.
3) The Summary and Conclusions worksheet tab which is an overall comparison of how each company compares in terms of the major category of ratios (Liquidity, Profitability, and Solvency). A nice way to conclude is to state which company you think is the better investment and why.
4) The Bibliography worksheet tab must contain at least your textbook as a reference. Any otherinformation you use to profile the companies should also be cited as a reference (I will add text book reference).
Required Ratios for Final Project Submission
1) Earnings per Share
2) Current Ratio
3) Gross Profit Rate
4) Profit Margin Ratio
5) Inventory Turnover Ratio
6) Days in Inventory
7) Receivables Turnover Ratio
8) Average Collection Period
9) Asset Turnover Ratio
10) Return on Assets Ratio
11) Debt to Total Assets Ratio
12) Times Interest Earned Ratio
13) Payout ratio
14) Return on Common Stockholders’ Equity Ratio
15) Free Cash Flow
16) Current Cash Debt Coverage Ratio
17) Cash Debt Coverage Ratio
18) Price/Earnings Ratio [For the purpose of this ratio, for Oracle, use the market price per share onMay 30, 2011and for Microsoft, use the market price per share on June 30, 2011]
Other Helpful information:
If you feel uncomfortable with Excel, you can find many helpful references on Excel by performing a Google search.
The Appendix to Chapter 13 contains ratio calculations and comparison comments related to Kellogg and General Mills so you will likely find this information helpful.
BigCharts.com provides historical stock quotes.
Either APA or MLA style can be used to complete the references on your Bibliography tab. There is a tutorial for APA and MLA style within the syllabus.
Develop a “community policing” model for the city in which you reside that includes the concepts of community orientated policing (COP...
Write 2 Short story using 10 words from the Box for each story...
Locate a current job posting for the position of “police officer” in the State of Minnesota. Now, locate the job posting for the posit...
You can pick one topic from the Power Point attachedThe Research Paper shall not exceed five (5) pages in length not in...
You have 5 attempts at each question after the 3rd attempt you can only get 90% of the total points. 1. Google search wileyplus...
Assignment 2: Global Economy, National Economies, and CompetitionIn the first part of the twenty-first cent...
Ask Your Questions, We'll notify you once someone answers it
Your question was successfully posted. We'll notify you once we get an answer. Kindly save this question ID for your reference.