Human Resource Competencies
Human resource competencies serve as a guide for professionals, as effective employees continually work to grow and further develop their proficiency of competencies. From entry level employees to human resource executives, it is important for professionals to demonstrate the qualities necessary for success in their position within their organization. For this Assignment, you examine your own proficiency of human resource competencies.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the “Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Competency Model” in the Learning Resources.
- Assess your proficiency for two or more competencies. What is your greatest strength? In what areas could you improve?
- Analyze the competencies you selected. How do they relate to health care organizations striving for a culture of excellence? How might gaining proficiency of these competencies better enable you to personally contribute to organizational excellence, including effectiveness and success in health care administration?
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
- Assess your proficiency for the two SHRM competencies you selected. Include one competency you consider to be a personal strength and one you could improve upon.
- Analyze each competency you selected. Include how they relate to health care organizations striving for a culture of excellence. Then, provide a rationale for how gaining proficiency of these competencies would better enable you to personally contribute to your organization’s culture of excellence.
Note: The paper should be 2–3 pages, not including the title and reference pages. Your Assignment must be written in standard edited English. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and at least three additional scholarly sources. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct. See the rubric for additional requirements related to research and scholarly writing.
Society for Human Resource Management. (2012). SHRM competency model. Retrieved from https://www.shrm.org/LearningAndCareer/competency-model/PublishingImages/pages/default/SHRM%20Competency%20Model_Detailed%20Report_Final_SECURED.pdf