- Chapman, J. (1998). Do process consultants need different skills when working with nonprofits? Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 19(4), 211–215. ABI Inform
- Poul, R. C., & Klyver, K. (2006). Management consultancy in small firms: How does interaction work? Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 13(3), 299–313. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/14626000610680217 ABI Inform
Answer in 500 words:
- Nonprofit organizations are likely sources of potential clients who would be eager and willing to engage doctoral students as consultants. Many consultants find the needs of nonprofits to be slightly different from those of other sectors. Review the above articles, and summarize the considerations that you, the action research and process consultation (AR/PC) consultant will keep in mind as you work with a nonprofit organization.
- What are the most important considerations you must keep in mind if you are consulting in a small organization (less than 25 people)? Support your response with the literature.
- What are the key considerations you must keep in mind as you consult with nonprofits and/or small organizations as it pertains to systems theory?