Questions for this discussion board come from the week 1 and
week 2 articles. When answering these questions be sure to cite any
source that you use. Also, be sure to check your posts for proper
grammar and spelling.
Hufbrauer, G. “The Payoff from Globalization”
1. Is trade a zero sum game, i.e. are there any losers to increased liberalization?
Stiglitz, “On the Wrong Side of Globalization”
1. Two primary industries are mentioned: healthcare and banking. What potential harm can TPP do as a result of the deals inside these industries?
Wolak, “Our Comparative Advantage”
1. Why do we see more innovation and development in the U.S?
Dizikes, “Economists find evidence for famous hypothesis of ‘comparative advantage’”
1. Why is it difficult to prove comparative advantage?
Prestowitz, “The Losses of Trade”
1. Why are the costs more substantial than what is normally assumed under conventional trade theory?
Bivens, “Globalization and American Wages”
1. What policies did the author state should be instituted to deal with losses from globalization?
Zavondy, “Immigration and American Jobs”
1. What policy proposals does the author suggest to boost U.S. employment?
Byrd, “Illegal Immigration Effects on the Supply and Demand for Labor and Wages”
1. Of the proponents and opponents to deportation, which one is right regarding their jobs argument? Why?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.