PHIL 101 SUNY at Stony Brook From Medieval to Modern Europe Questions
I’m trying to study for my Philosophy course and I need some help to understand this question.
1. Describe the medieval European picture of the physical universe. (page 344 from the text)
2. What do the levels in hell and purgatory show us about medieval views of virtue and vice? (page 344 from the text)
3. Describe the ideal human life, as pictured by the humanists. (page 350 from the text)
4, How does Copernicus resolve the puzzle about the apparent irregularity in the motion of the planets? (page 358 from the text)
5. What is the impact of a moving earth on Dante’s picture of the world? (page 358 from the text)
6. What does Kepler add to the Copernican picture? (page 358 from the text)
7. Contrast Aristotelian explanations of motion with those of Galileo. (page 358 from the text)
8. What impact does giving up final causes have on values? (page 358 from the text)
9. What happens to the qualities we think we experience in objects? Explain the difference between primary and secondary qualities. (page 358 from the text)
10. What questions does the new science pose to the philosophical quest for wisdom? (page 358 from the text)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.