Operating System Threats and Vulnerabilities
Global, Inc. is a multinational corporation that has dozens of business units and product lines across the globe. The corporate headquarters has recently made the decision to consolidate on a single operating system platform from which to run all of the components of the business. You are hired to advise this corporation as to how to advance this goal of operating system integration. Among the deliverables you are asked to provide is an analysis of the threats and vulnerabilities that are specific to operating systems.
Complete the Toolwire lab and use it as foundation for this assignment. When submitting your assignment, attach the two screen shots you were asked to capture as part of the lab to this assignment to document successful completion of the lab.
Use the Toolwire lab and the study materials and engage in any additional research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 2–3 page paper that covers the following topics:
- Analyze potential operating system based cyber attacks.
- Characterize the bad actors that might perform operating system based cyber attacks.
- Evaluate a network operating system for specific points of vulnerability.
- Evaluate the range of roles within an international organization that participate in selection, implementation, and maintenance of operating system security.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 2–3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.