It has to be this book
Simon, Peter, and Conor Sullivan, eds. The Norton Anthology of World Literature: Shorter Second Edition Vol. 2. New York: W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2009. Print.
2. Online/Netflix/Video Store view movie with Robin Williams:
a. Dead Poet’s Society (129 minutes)
The Second Coming: pg. 852 – 853
b. Things Fall Apart: pg. 1102-1190
Unit Four Discussion/Response: Dead Poet's Sociey, “The Second Coming,” and Things Fall Apart
No unread replies.No replies.
1. Three-Six (3-6) or more well-developed paragraphs (6-8 sentences per paragraph)
2. Contains well-chosen support from the film/poem/story, sentence variety/transitions, collegiate vocabulary, and formal writing
3. Edit/revise for grammar, usage, and mechanics
4. You MUST cite your discussions because you are using direct quotes and/or paraphrasing from the pieces for support. The directions are found on Modules. 🙂
5. Remember to maintain a Positive, Respectful Learning Environment!!
Discussion Prompt Choice: Respond to following advanced discussion prompt, and respond per my instructions above.
I suggest you pre-write. Consider the theme(s) in Dead Poet’s Society, “The Second Coming,”and Things Fall Apart. Though the three pieces are different in genre and setting (time)/culture, consider the SIMILARITIES amongst the three works. Compare (show what’s alike) the three works in a thoughtful, organized manner.
Tip: In your conclusion, consider the impact/importance of studying these common theme(s) in these classic texts and how they relate to the modern student. What can we learn from these pieces? What do they offer us? Formal Writing guidelines/MLA format are required.