Read the instructor's post and reply with your thoughts. You should make an entry for each discussion no later than Wednesday. You should also respond to at least three other classmates' discussion postings during the week.
Should North and South Korea reunite?
The future of North and South Korea remains uncertain; however, closer cooperation and even reunification are increasingly discussed.
- What are some reasons the two countries might want to reunite? Which reasons would benefit both countries?
- What are some specific benefits South Korea would experience?
- What are some specific benefits North Korea would experience?
- What are some sacrifices South Korea would have to make for reunification?
- What are some sacrifices North Korea would have to make for reunification?
- Based on this information, choose a position on whether or not North and South Korea should reunite. Defend your answer.
See the Discussion Rubric for additional information and grading criteria.