Application: Technology and Adult Learning
Part 1: Technology Risk Taker
Recall the challenge from curriculum expert Heidi Hayes-Jacobs in the video program this week to “take risks with technology” applied to learning. Then imagine the following scenario:
You are searching Monster.com for job opportunities and notice this provocative advertisement:
LOOKING FOR AN ADULT EDUCATOR WILLING TO TAKE RISKS!
We are looking for adult educators who embrace innovation and can engage adult learners in both face-to-face and online settings in meaningful learning adventures.
Don’t just send us your vita. Tell us what you think! Include a statement that explains:
- How you will incorporate technology into your work as an adult educator in your field and why
- Three practices, strategies, and/or techniques you recommend for enhancing learning with technology for adult learners
- Your views with regard to whether incorporating technology equates with risk taking:
- If you agree, explain the specific risks, who takes them, and why they (the risks and/or risk-takers) are worth it.
- If you disagree, explain why, and then provide your concept of an adult educator who is a risk taker.
You are intrigued by this ad and the position’s possibilities so you decide to apply. Write the required statement you would submit, covering all specified points and citing sources for your ideas.
(Assignment length: 2 pages)
Part 2: Compiling a Strategies for Teaching Adults Toolkit
Drawing from your Learning Resources this week, describe at least three practices, strategies, and/or techniques for enhancing learning with technology that you included in your Job Statement and provide a rationale for your choices.
(Assignment length: approximately 2 pages)
Note: You need only to submit Part 1 of this Application Assignment. Title Part 2 of this assignment “Week 6: Toolkit” and save it to the folder you created in Week 1.
Submit this assignment by Sunday of this week.