The first part (outline) I need done by Wednesday June 8th and the second half done by June 12th
Primary Task Response:
- Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline for the assignment listed below. To the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your outline document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate.
Paper of 1,500 – 1,700 words with citations and references
You represent a large U.S. corporation that manufactures rubber tires, and you want to begin manufacturing and distribution in another country. Choose a country that you think you would want to start a manufacturing plant in. Answer the following questions about your company and its chosen new market. Organize your paper into four sets of concerns: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. Select 2-3 bullet points from each perspective listed below and respond with cited research.
- Discuss the macro environment of the country.
- What is the company strategy there?
- How will you be socially and economically responsible?
- What would be the role of management?
- What is the mode of entry you are going to use, and why?
- What do you think would motivate the workers to bring about collaboration?
- How would you design the right culturally appropriate program?
- What kind of leadership would work in this country?
- What are the political, cultural, environmental, and economic risks of doing business there?
- If you do decide to do business there, how would you staff the operation?
- What type of concerns would you have?
- What do you need to consider when you recruit, evaluate, train, and deal with labor relations issues?
- How would you select the manager?
- What if it does not work out?
- What are some of the legal issues you would have to deal with as a company if you decide to expand there?
- What are some of the opportunities and strengths of doing business there?
- What are some of the cross-cultural issues you are going to have to deal with particular to engaging a team?
- What are some of the protocols and etiquette issues you must incorporate into your business behavior?
- How are you going to deal with management issues such as assertiveness, conflict resolution, and team building?
- What are some of the foreign trade issues you will have to deal with?
- What are the determinants to foreign entry there, and how would you enter there?
- What are the 5 stages of negotiation, and how are you going to prepare for them at this international level?
- What would be some of the political, legal, economic, and ideological issues that may come up?
- How would you manage conflict if it should come up in the negotiations?