1. Should illegal immigrants be made legal U.S. citizens?
1. Text messaging affects teen literacy. Discuss
1. Select a topic from one of the many topics provided on the following pages.
2. Research the topic thoroughly using a combination of books, journals, newspaper articles, recorded interviews with established experts on the subject and internet resources, etc. Your research materials must be scholarly and reputable, for example information from the Washington Post, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, etc., television news programs such as Public T.V. and the other major news programs such as CBS 60 minutes, ABC 20/20, CNN with Anderson Cooper, etc., and academic journals and resource textbooks, etc. Your primary resource will be your textbook and you should cite a minimum of five (5) sources. NB: You may use Wikipedia to introduce yourself to the topic however it is not a reliable resource for citation purposes.
Prepare a Formal Outline of your Topic: Formatting your Outline/Topic Page
Your Outline should be done using formal Roman numeral letters – I, II, III, IV, V, etc.
Head your paper with:
Name: Type in your name
Course EDRD plus your Section number
Instructor’s name Type in the Instructor’s name
Date This is the date that the Outline is due
State your topic centered on the page
Do not paraphrase, etc. Do not use terms such as “My topic is” or “I will be writing about…”
Just state the topic. For example – look at the sample topic below:
(Sample Topic): America Needs a Contemporary Civil Rights Movement
Leave 2-4 lines of space after the topic and begin your outline
3. At the bottom of your page add the following:
Topic Approved_____________________________ Date Approved___________________________________
Topic Denied_______________________________ Reason for Denial _________________________________