- Choose one film that portrays a potential psychopath (Some examples include The Silence of the Lambs, Psycho, Gone Girl, Seven, Insomnia, 10 Cloverfield Lane).
- You can choose a movie not listed, with Instructor approval.
- Watch the movie and identify the characteristics of the offender/protagonist.
In a 2- to 3-page paper:
- Identify the movie and character you selected, and describe the characteristics that could be considered criminal.
- Provide an overall summary of the character, describing his/her background (e.g., education, occupation, relationship history, psychological history).
- Determine if the character you identified is mentally ill (e.g., psychotic) or has a mental disorder such as psychopathy.
- Provide evidence using both the Learning Resources and any additional references.