Ashford 3: – Week 2 – Discussion 1
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.
Discuss all of the following questions using several different examples of Nationalism from the text, or video, and original analysis of your own.
- Discuss the role of nationalism in the interwar period.
- What is nationalism?
- What characteristics constitute nationalism?
- Compare the nationalism in the Allied countries to that of the Axis countries.
- How were they different?
- How were they similar?
- How was nationalism used to mobilize citizens?
- How was it used to justify authoritarianism?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.