Unit 4 Discussion Question (Due Wednesday)
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
In order to successfully manage a department, division, or company, a manager should possess and utilize a specific set of skills.
- Identify the key skills that managers would most likely rely upon to be successful.
- Describe how each skill is important to successful management.
- Reflect on a time in a management role. (If you have never been in a management position, consider what personal skills would be strengths if you were in management).
- Identify managerial skills that were personal strengths in that role.
- Identify managerial skills that were personal weaknesses in that role.
- Provide a technique for strengthening managerial skills.
This topic is valued at 40 points. Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.