(3) plus (1) and (1)
Demonstrate your ability to illustrate the functions and impact of banking and monetary institutions and to provide a recommendation guided by them.
In your role as a financial advisor at , you are performing a for , a successful who is retiring in 10 years. A portion of this analysis covers the question of whether Ms. Jacobsen should refinance her home in order to provide additional funding for a long-term retirement investment.
Because “above and beyond” customer service is critical to the success of Eagle Consulting, to providing a recommendation on possible refinancing options, you want to provide Ms. Jacobsen with some background information on the Federal Reserve and how it affects interest rates.
Using the information about Melinda Jacobsen's goals and the information you uncover during your research, you will document that explains the Federal Reserve, how the Federal Reserve affects interest rates, possible loan options, and a final recommendation for what loan she should choose.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
A. Download and read the (Attached).
B. Write a structured in
1) Explanation of how the Federal Reserve impacts interest rates (
2) Explanation of loan options
3) Recommendation for a loan
1. Discuss how the Federal Reserve uses the following tools to impact interest rates and the economy:
a) Open market operations
b) Discount rate
c) Reserve requirements
1. Research the current mortgage interest rates for a 10-year, 15-year, 20-year, and 30-year loan. (Use the internet to research the current mortgage interest rates for a 10-year, 15-year, 20-year, and 30-year loan. You can usually find these rates on any bank/financial institution website, , or other sources online. Should be one page long)
2. In Excel, graph the interest rates using years as the X-axis and interest rates as the Y-axis. (Please view the an worksheet that you can use. Just change the numbers to the interest rates you find and the years)
3. Using the graph, describe the following:
a) Type of yield curve presented in the graph
b) Relationship between interest rates and number of years to maturity
c) Impact that risk and inflation has on the interest rates as the maturity date is lengthened
1. Make a recommendation to Ms. Jacobsen on what mortgage loan to take (10-year, 15-year, 20-year, or 30-year).
2. Justify your recommendation. (You would include the reasons why you think this is the best mortgage loan option for her based on your research)