Final Project Assignment: Thesis Paper Submission
In order to begin working on your thesis for the Final Project Assignment for Week 5, choose a theme for your thesis. Click here to download and review a list of topics for the thesis. Note that you can choose only one main theme from the list.
After choosing a theme for your thesis, perform the following to address each weekly subtopic. Remember to address the first subtopic for Week 1, the second subtopic for Week 2, and so on.
- From Week 1 to Week 4, you will research, analyze, and critique the subtopics as part of your Final Project. In addition, you will demonstrate the key points of the subtopics by writing a 300–500 words research paper on it.
- In Week 5, you will compile all of your submitted writings into one comprehensive thesis paper to cover your main topic and all four subtopics. Adhere to the word limit of 2,000 words.
Note: The criteria for grading will be your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Critical thinking
- Precision and clarity in the assignment
- Breadth and depth of the subject
Subtopic One—Thesis Paper Submission
In order to begin working on your thesis for the Final Project Assignment due to be completed in Week 5, choose a theme for your thesis. Review the list of themes for the thesis.
After choosing a theme for your thesis paper, read the topic under the theme, and do the following for the first subtopic listed under your theme:
- Research, analyze, and critique the subtopic.
- Demonstrate the key points of the subtopic by writing a 300–500 word research paper on it
- The topic chosen is:
- Changing Climate of Sexual Harassment Laws
- Topic Description for Student Reference: The focus of this topic is more on the shift in sexual harassment laws than on the nature and scope of the act of sexual harassment.
- Subtopics 1–4:
- 1. A brief history of the earliest laws relating to sexual harassment.
- 2. The present position of the law on sexual harassment. Please include case law and statutes from your state. The state used for this assignment is .
- 3. An in-depth study of a significant US Supreme Court decision on sexual harassment.
- 4. A conclusive summary of your work on Subtopics 1–3