Resource: Railroad Accident Report(Attached PDF)
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper analyzing the Graniteville, SC train accident(Attached PDF).
Include the following:
- Describe and summarize the critical incident at Graniteville, SC to include a discussion on manmade critical incidents and risks associated with the railroad operation.
- Discuss how a risk and vulnerability assessment may have prevented this incident.
- List and explain what actual prevention, preparedness and mitigation strategies could have been adopted to avert this disaster.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of actions taken by first responders to the scene to include communication processes. Why did the first responders take these actions?
- Provide recommendations for action plan development to prevent reoccurrences.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.