Here is your scenario:
- You are working with a small team of colleagues on a large project at work. Your team consists of five people. Three members of the team are highly engaged and seem to work well together. However, one member of the team is controlling and wants to constantly make decisions without consulting other members of the team. A fifth member of the team is going through some difficult times and is not able to participate in the team project as much as he would like.
Considering this situation, your team should think as individuals about what each of you would do to handle this situation. So, your first task as a team member for this assignment is to:
- Consider what you would do to help the team in the scenario be successful.
- How would you handle the controlling team member?
- How would you handle the team member going through a difficult time?
- Could he get credit for work he had not done?
- In these situations, how do you balance the needs of the individual with the needs of the group?
- What are the potential ethical and legal considerations you would need to consider?
Once you have completed your individual responses, your next task is to:
- Share your individual responses with your classmates on your team.
- What similarities and differences do you see?
In an essay of 525 words, your task as a team is to:
- Introduce your assignment and scenario.
- Share each individual's response to the scenario. You can simply list the team member's name and then list his or her response.
- In the final paragraphs of your team essay, you should, as a team, discuss the similarities and differences amongst your individual responses.
Consider the following:
- What were the most common solutions shared?
- What differences did you notice in the individual responses?
- What lessons can you glean from seeing your team's responses to the scenario?
- What role does ethics play in the individual responses to the scenario?
- How can these ethical differences impact group scenarios?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.