Title your Argumentative/Personal Responsibility essay.
Write an argumentative essay of four full typed pages (double spaced) that answers an ethical question pertaining to of these topics:
- Does the government have a right to collect whatever information it wants, to use however it sees fit?
- To what extent does the government have a right to collect information about its citizens?
- What rights and responsibilities do Food companies have when it comes to labeling?
- What responsibilities does Facebook have in monitoring their web pages? Address safety and security concerns.
As always, the answer to the question–your thesis–should be defended with three topics.
Evaluation criteria follow:
Ethical Choices: Student thoroughly discusses at least two sides of an ethical choice to be made.
· Decision Making: Student states a position on the issue based on at least three points and offers an
· Consequences: Student identifies consequences and demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of the scope, complexity, and/or magnitude of the consequences.
· Evidence: Student includes a Works Cited page that lists at least three database sources. The body of the essay includes a total of at four citations from sources.
The essay should demonstrate the following ENGL 1301 outcomes:
- College level spelling and punctuation skills
- MLA format for margins, header, personal information, paragraph indention, double spacing
- In-text citations
- Works Cited page
- Clearly stated thesis statement
- Topic sentences that flows from thesis statement
- Sentence variety
- No egregious grammar mistakes