It is not uncommon for today's workplace to have up to four different generations of employees working together. This situation has some good points but also presents some challenges. One challenge is designing a benefit program that will satisfy the needs and preferences of each generation.
In this assignment, you will look at the impact each generation has in the workplace and on the benefit plan design.
Although there are different opinions about the generational timeline, use the following information for this assignment:
- Veterans, or those born between 1922 and 1945
- Boomers, or those born between 1946 and 1964
- Xers, or those born between 1965 and 1980
- Yers, or those born between 1981 and 2000
Write a 3- to 4-page paper, including:
- A description of the benefits each generation would most likely value. Justify your answers.
Support your assumptions by citing in APA format any reputable source material used for this discussion.