- (500 words)
- In your workplace, what standards and outcome measures are utilized, give three examples.
- Select at least one of these measures, and specifically identify how the data is collected.
- Then, describe how the findings are used to increase the quality outcomes. What comparable groups either internal or external are used for benchmarking performance in healthcare facilities?
- If an error is made in the healthcare workplace, how is the facility assessed for blame?
- What is the role of the nurse manager with regards to standards, outcomes, benchmarking, and errors?
- You are a new nurse manager in an outpatient clinic and employee evaluations are due yearly.
- Plan how you will proceed. What components of the RN’s job should be evaluated?
What positive forces are present in an evaluation? What negative forces will you have to overcome?
What innovative or creative way would you attempt to provide direction or improvement? How would you terminate the session?
What is the responsibility of the employee?
- Think back to the organization for which you have worked the longest. How many of Deming’s 14 principles for Total Quality Management are used in that organization? Do you believe some of the 14 principles are more important than others? Why or why not?
- Could an organization have a successful quality management program if only some of the principles are used? Describe a quality management project that you were involved in?